The mission of the Grants Office is to seek and secure financial support from foundations, corporations, and governmental agencies whose interests correspond with the priorities and programs of Williams College. Foundation and corporate gifts to Williams have supported students, faculty, curriculum, facilities, and many other initiatives that enrich the community here at the college.
The Grants Office is a full-service, life-cycle office providing grant-seekers assistance with:
- identification of potential funding sources
- guidance and coordination for reaching out to prospective funders
- proposal preparation, editing, budget prep and review
- proposal submission
- award acceptance, negotiation, and set-up
- grants management, stewardship and reporting
- compliance with Williams and funding agency regulations
The Grants Office assists faculty and staff grant-seekers with both private and federal funders, for individual research needs, special projects and larger institutional initiatives. It is our goal to facilitate the submission of complete, compliant, and competitive proposals. We welcome your questions and invite you to reach out to us at any time and any stage of the grant process.
Many alumni, parents, and friends have access to foundations and corporate giving programs through which they can direct support to Williams. Individuals who have suggestions about possible gift opportunities through private or corporate foundations should contact the Grants Office, using the contact information at right.